Sunday, October 25, 2015

Great Comeback

A drunk retorted,"I can't bear fool!"
Dorothy Parker replied,"Apparently, your mother can!"


Man - "Herr Mozart, I am thinking of writing symphonies. Can you give me any suggestions  as to how to get started?"
Mozart - "A symphony is a very complex music form. Perhaps, you should start with some simple lieder and work your way up to a symphony."
Man - "But Herr Mozart, you have been writing symphonies when you were eight years old."
Mozart - "Yes, but I didn't ask anybody how."

Noel Coward,"Edna, you look almost like a man."
Edna Ferber,"So do you."

Clay,"I rather be right than be the president."
Reed,"The gentleman need not trouble himself. He will never be either."

Reporter: What do you think about Western Civilisation?
Ghandi: I think it would be a good idea.

I enjoyed reading your book. Who wrote it for you?
I am glad you like it. Who read it to you?

"Mr Churchill, must you fall asleep when I am speaking?"
"No, it is purely voluntary."

No comments:

Post a Comment